LOS ANGELES, Calif, February 15, 2017 /WCTF/– The World Children’s Transplant Fund Mexico, “Fundacion Mundial de Transplantes Para Niños” has hired its Executive Director and opened its web site:
The Mexico chapter now has its own operating Board of Directors and has become self-sufficient. It is able to carry out its mission of public education, purchase of medical equipment and training of medical personnel. Its operating plan lists the following objectives:
- Raise funds to establish pediatric transplant centers in Mexico.
- Assist existing transplant centers with the financing of different operations for children who do not have the necessary resources.
- Carry out educational campaigns for society on the topic of donation and organ transplants.
- Purchase medical equipment and medicines needed for transplant hospitals.
- Construct a pancreatic islet cell laboratory to treat patients with diabetes.
- Train medical personnel.